This ridiculously simple recipe sounds weird but works.
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Line a baking dish with tin foil, shiny side up.
- Layer with a packet of cream crackers, do not overlap.
- Melt 220g of butter and 120g of brown sugar. Bring to the boil and stir to blend.
- Pour this over the crackers and bake for 2-4 minutes until the mix begins to bubble.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with 200g of chocolate chips or roughly chopped chocolate.
- Return to the oven until the chocolate is soft.
- Remove from the oven and with a spatula spread the chocolate across the crackers. Sprinkle with 100g of sliced almonds.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Break the bark into rough shapes.
- Be very careful with the butter/sugar mix as it also has bad burn potential.
- If the biscuits will not fit on to one baking dish, use two.
- The crackers need to be flat on the tray.