Freeform plum pear and fig tart
- Take a sheet of frozen flaky pastry and sit it on a greased backing tray.
- Fold in the corners to form an eight sided shape.
- Mix powdered almond raw or brown sugar.
- Make a mound of this in the center of your pastry.
- Slice dark plums, peel and pear, halve 4 small figs.
- Randomly arrange the fruit slices onto the almond sugar mix.
- Sprinkle with some fine orange zest and drizzle with runny honey.
- Crimp up the pastry edges to make a "bowl "to contain the fruit.
- Brush the pastry with some milk and top the tart with a few slivered almonds.
- Bake in a medium oven until the pastry is cooked and the fruit soft.
- Serve with thick cream.