Vegetarian Fresh Spring Rolls
Peanut Dipping Sauce
|1 Tbsp||Canola oil|
|1||Onion, small, finely diced|
|1 tsp||Chilli, diced|
|½ cup||Peanut butter, crunchy|
|1 cup||Water, or coconut milk|
|2 tsp||Soy sauce|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
- To make the sauce, place the oil and onion in a microwave-proof bowl and cook on high power for one minute. Add the remaining sauce ingredients. Stir well and microwave for two minutes. Thin with a little water if required.
- To make the rolls, place one sheet of rice paper in a dish of warm water until just softened. Place on a board.
- Place some cucumber, red pepper, carrot, sprouts and a little lettuce in the middle of the edge of the wrapper closest to you. Add a few mint and coriander leaves. Fold in the sides and roll up to enclose the filling.
- Place on a platter and cover with a damp paper towel. Repeat until all the rolls are prepared.
- Best prepared and served within 30 minutes. Serve with the peanut dipping sauce or equal parts lemon juice and sweet chilli sauce.