Thai beef and fresh pineapple skewers
|1||Fresh ginger, grated|
|1||Red chilli, chopped|
|2||Kaffir lime leaves|
|1||Palm sugar, grated|
- Make a marinade by mixing equal quantities of soy sauce, fish sauce and chilli sauce.
- Add crushed garlic, grated fresh ginger, a chopped red chilli, 2 kaffir lime leaves if you have them, and a tablespoon of grated palm sugar.
- Cut your beef into the size you want to skewer and mix through the marinade. Leave a good few hours.
- Peel and cut a fresh pineapple into chunky slices.
- Pat the meat dry and cook the pieces as you would a steak. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan add the pineapple and quickly warm through.
- Pour a little of the marinade over the pineapple while cooking to colour.
- Skewer the meat and pineapple pieces.
- While the pan is still hot and sticky from the pineapple, grill a few lime halves cut side down to use as a garnish.