Photo by Robert Trathen
- Grill some bacon rashers, retaining the fat that the bacon drips. Set the bacon aside and keep warm.
- Add some oil and crushed garlic to the bacon fat. Toss cubes of bread around in this and put back in the oven to crisp up.
- Reduce some red wine in a pan by half, add a little salad oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Cut the warm bacon into chunks and add to the pan, then remove from the heat.
- Make a nest of frisee leaves then pour the hot red wine vinaigrette and bacon over the leaves and top with the garlic croutons.