Oyster clams and mango cappucino
|1 bunch||Oyster mushroom|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Oyster Clams: Wash and clean the clams, discarding any that remain open.
- In a heavy pan, splash in some olive oil and soften a few crushed, new season garlic cloves.
- Add the clams, holding the lid on the pan and shaking it over the heat.
- As the clams start to steam open, add the oyster mushrooms.
- Season well with salt and pepper. Scatter with lots of chopped fresh parsley, toss in some cold butter to melt into the juices and make a sauce.
- Serve in small bowls.
- Mango Cappuccino: A sweet way to finish.
- Puree a peeled ripe mango with a little lemon juice and some finely chopped lemon grass.
- Strain the juice to remove any fibre.
- Pour into a small glass. Top with some creme fraiche or mascarpone into which you have blended a little vanilla paste.