Apricot and ricotta tart
Photo by Babiche Martens
This is delicious in thin slices for afternoon tea or with vanilla icecream for dessert.
|100 g||Butter, cut into cubes|
|1||Egg, yolk only|
|1 Tbsp||Water, cold, use up to 2 Tbsp|
- Place the flour, sugar and butter in a food processor. Mix until you have a breadcrumb texture. Add the egg yolk and cold water and pulse until your dough is formed. Remove and place on a lightly floured surface and roll out.
- Line a 23cm rectangle or round tart tin with the pastry. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Set oven to 180C. Line the pastry with baking paper and baking beans (or rice) and cook for 15 minutes, then remove the baking paper and cook for a further 5 minutes to completely dry the pastry.
- In a mixing bowl combine the ricotta, yolks, sugar, amaretto and almonds. Spread over the pastry.
- In a pot melt the butter and brown sugar, and gently soften the apricots for 4-5 minutes until coated in glaze. Remove and arrange over the filling.
- Return the tart to the oven for 30 minutes until cooked and golden. Brush the top of the tart with extra glaze. Leave to cool completely before serving.