Coconut prawns, fish and banana kebabs and sweet potato crisps
Fish and Banana Kebabs
Sweet Potato Crisps
- Coconut Prawns: Combine panko breadcrumbs and thread coconut.
- Dust prawns lightly with flour, dip in a coconut cream and egg mix and roll in the coconut breadcrumbs.
- Cook in batches , allowing the oil to come back up to heat before starting the next.
- Serve with mayonnaise flavoured with finely grated fresh ginger, crushed new season's garlic and chives.
- Fish and Banana Kebabs: Thread a cube of fresh fish and a slice of banana onto a wooden skewer.
- Dip into a tempura or light batter. Fry 3 or 4 at a time.
- Sweet Potato Crisps: Slice across kumara to make very thin discs (you can leave the skin on).
- Deep fry until crisp and golden.