Mussels for Four
Photo by Doug Sherring
- Roast and skin a red pepper and slice into thick ribbons.
- Heat a little oil in a good sized pan that has a tight fitting lid. When the oil is hot add a punnet of cherry tomatoes and let them soften.
- Add 20 cleaned mussels, a slug of sauvignon blanc, the zest of half a lemon and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Put the lid on the pan and allow the mussels to steam open and cook (throw away any that don't open).
- Season well and add the red pepper strips and a bit of butter to swirl through the juices.
- Serve with some bread and a crisp green salad.