Fish and tomatoes with green olive mayonnaise on rosemary sourdough
Photo by Babiche Martens
|4 slices||Sourdough bread, (rosemary), toasting optional|
|2 fillets||Fish, snapper, gurnard, or terakihi|
|2||Tomatoes, thickly sliced|
- To make the mayonnaise, put the yolks in the food processor bowl and with the motor running, drizzle the oil down the spout.
- Transfer the mayonnaise to a bowl and add the olives which have been finely chopped. Add lemon juice and salt to taste.
- The mayonnaise can be refrigerated for a month.
- Heat a pan, add butter and when bubbling add the fish.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side depending on thickness of the fillets.
- Assemble the sandwiches by spreading the bread with mayonnaise and topping with fish and slices of tomatoes.
- Top with more mayonnaise if necessary and season.