Frittata and salad
Photo by Doug Sherring
A frittata is a kind of baked omelette, or a pie without a pastry case. You can put all sorts of things in them.
- Cut 4 medium peeled potatoes into chunks.
- Sliced 2 red peppers into strips.
- Cut 4 big mushrooms into pieces and sliced 2 spring onions.
- The potatoes were roasted in the oven until just cooked.
- We pulled the leaves off some spinach stalks.
- Now get a big bowl and break 10 whole eggs into it. Season well with salt and pepper. Beat these together.
- Arrange the cooked potato chunks and all the other ingredients in a big solid pan or a baking tray.
- Pour over the egg mix. You could add grated cheese.
- Put into a moderate oven and bake until well set. When cooked, let it rest for a few moments to firm up.
- Slice into pieces. Finn mixed together some sour cream and smashed garlic to serve with salad.