This Spanish tapa is a tasty snack. It can be used as a side dish or extended with a topping of some sausage slices, traditionally chorizo. If you had some leftover cooked chicken in the fridge you could shred this and scatter it across the potatoes.
- Cut peeled potatoes into bite sized chunks. Blanch them in some boiling salted water for 5 minutes, drain and dry.
- You can now either shallow fry the chunks or toss them in a little olive oil and bake them in the oven until crisp.
- In a solid pan, using olive oil, gently cook some chopped garlic, some finely chopped onion and a few chilli flakes.
- If you have it, add a tablespoon of tomato paste. If you have some red wine vinegar, add a splash of this.
- Add a can of tomatoes and turn up the heat. Cook this until the sauce is thickened, then season well.
- Mix the cooked potatoes through the sauce and serve with a "fake" aioli made by blending crushed garlic through a bought mayo. Offer toothpicks to eat with