Linguine tossed with zucchini, green beans and pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- On a baking tray mix the pumpkin seeds with 1 tablespoon of the oil and a little salt.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the seeds start to brown.
- Bring to the boil a large pot of salted water and add the linguine.
- Cook for the time suggested on the package or to taste.
- Drain in a colander and put a plate on top to keep the pasta warm.
- Return the pot to the heat and add the remaining oil, the chilli, shallots and garlic.
- Fry and stir until the shallots are limp and starting to colour.
- Add the beans, toss and then add 6 tablespoons of hot water.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini and the remaining 2 tablespoons of hot water.
- Cover and cook for 1 minute. Tip the linguine back into the pot with the vegetables and toss gently together.
- Stir in half the cheese. Serve in 4 bowls with the remaining cheese in a small bowl.