Fab feijoa cake
This is a lovely afternoon treat - it uses a feijoa mixture in the cake batter as well as fresh feijoa with cream in the middle of the finished cake.
|3||Feijoas, large, peeled and sliced|
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|125 g||Butter, softened|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|1¾ cups||Self raising flour|
|¾ tsp||Baking soda|
|¾ tsp||Ground cinnamon|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease 23cm cake pan and line base with baking paper.
- Place feijoas in food processor with caster sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla. Process until smooth. Transfer to bowl.
- Sift flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Fold into feijoa mixture. Do not over-mix.
- Tip into prepared cake pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until skewer inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool for five minutes, then remove from pan and place on wire rack. When cold, cut in half through centre.
- To prepare filling, whip cream and icing sugar together until thick. Spread half on base of cake.
- Top with sliced feijoas. Cover with remaining cream and replace top half of cake. Dust liberally with icing sugar.