Little bacon and egg pies
- Preheat the oven to 200 degC. Place an oven tray in the oven to heat while preparing the pies. This will help cook the base of the pies.
- Lightly oil a six-hole Texas muffin pan.
- Cook the bacon in a small frying pan over medium-high heat or in the microwave for three to four minutes, until light-golden.
- Drain on paper towels. Cool.
- Cut the pastry sheets into quarters. Gently press a square of pastry into each muffin hole.
- Place of the bacon into each pastry shell. Combine the sour cream, spring onions, thyme and pepper. Place spoonfuls over the bacon.
- Crack an egg on top of the sour cream in each shell. Top with the remaining bacon and a thick slice of tomato.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the pastry is golden and the filling cooked.
- Stand for five minutes before removing from the pan. Serve hot with a side salad.