Dairy-free Chocolate Cheesecake
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by iStock
- Finely crush the biscuits in a food processor. Place in a bowl. Melt the table spread and stir into the biscuits. Press on to the base and sides of an 18cm-20cm pie dish or loose-based cake pan. Chill.
- Preheat the oven to 180degC.
- Combine the chocolate, liqueur, brown sugar, essence and tofu in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Alternatively, mash until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared biscuit shell. Smooth the top.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until cracks start to form around the edge. Cool. Refrigerate.
- Just before serving, sprinkle generously with icing sugar.
- Great served with berries and dairy-free yoghurt.