Salad of smoked tuna, fennel, new potatoes, blueberries and greens
A lunch for all weathers. Salads made with wonderful summer ingredients are perfect lunch fare, but on cooler days, or if you're having friends around, why not throwsome marinated lamb kebabs on the barbecue? What you feel like eating for lunch will depend a great deal on the weather. If it is a true summer's day, a salad will be welcome; if the day is grey, a softer, more nourishing cooked dish is needed, or you might even light the barbecue to cheer things up. First, the salad. There are various ways to serve a medley of ingredients such as this. The easiest and probably the tastiest is to toss everything in a large bowl and put it onto the table before serving it on individual plates. Or you can arrange the various components carefully on a platter, pour on the dressing and allow people to choose for themselves the things they like best.
- Break the smoked tuna up into pieces and put into a large bowl.
- Trim the tough stems from the fennel, slice very finely and add to the tuna.
- Halve the cooked new potatoes and add with the blueberries.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently. This may be done up to an hour before serving.
- Just before serving, add the salad greens and toss lightly.