Bitter chocolate espresso tartlets
Espresso and chocolate work well together and these tartlets are rich and delicious. Try them with a nice glass of grenache.
Sweet Pastry- Makes about 400g
- Place flour, sugar and salt in food processor and combine. Whisk the egg yolk, water and lemon and set aside.
- Cube the butter (cold) and drop into the flour. - pulse while adding the egg mixture.
- When pastry just begins to form a ball, stop and remove from bowl. Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Tartlets: Preheat oven to 200C. Grease small tart or muffin tins thoroughly and line with rounds of pastry.
- Rest for 30 minutes then bake blind for 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans.
- Combine cream, milk and vanilla. Add chocolate and gently warm through either in a saucepan or the microwave.