|180 ml||Grand Marnier, or cointreau|
|8 Tbsp||Caster sugar|
|600 ml||Cream, fresh|
|10 Tbsp||Rose water|
|1 to decorate||Raspberries, optional|
- Mix Grand Marnier, lemon juice and sugar in a bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Slowly pour in cream while hand-whisking until all the ingredients are combined.
- Get out your electric mixer or eggbeater, if you have some time on your hands - and whip until thick.
- Add rose-water and taste. The rose flavour should be faint, but if it's too weak you might want to add more, as brands vary in strength.
- Keep whipping the ingredients until the mixture forms soft peaks on the blades of the eggbeater, but not until it's so thick you can stand a spoon in it. be very careful not to overdo it.
- Spoon the mixture into lovely old decorative glasses and garnish with raspberries or make the more traditional mint sugar - recipe below.
- Sprinkle sugar over mint leaves.
- Mash them in a mortar and pestle until they combine and form green crystals.
- Sprinkle liberally over syllabub.