Goat cheese and parmesan custards
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat oven 160C. Grease 6 ramekins. Simmer the garlic in milk with bay leaves for 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves then puree the goat cheese and first measure of parmesan with half the milk.
- Lightly whisk eggs, yolks, cream, remaining milk and seasoning then stir into garlic puree. Pour into ramekins.
- Bake in a bain-marie (stand the dishes in a baking dish and pour hot water to reach half way up the sides).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until just set. Serve with parmesan wafers.
- To make the wafers, preheat oven to 180C,
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper, spread grated parmesan and bake until bubbling and golden, approximately 15 minutes.