How to make your own preservative-free sausages
If you can find Japanese panko crumbs in an Asian supply store, they give a lot more crispness than ordinary breadcrumbs.
|500 g||Pork mince|
|300 g||Sausage meat|
|1||Onion, finely chopped|
|2 tsp||Fresh thyme, finely chopped|
|2||Garlic cloves, finely chopped|
|3 tsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|2 tsp||Mustard, (grain)|
|1 sprinkle||Black pepper - ground|
|1||Breadcrumbs, to roll in|
Homemade sausage meat
- Combine the meat, onion, egg, thyme, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and salt and pepper. Roll into sausage shapes, then roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oven to 180 degC and add a little oil in a frypan.
- Brown sausages all over, then transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sausage Meat: Chop the pork shoulder into small pieces and place into your food processor with the lard.
- Process until it’s well minced together.