Spaghetti with cabbage
( SERVES 4 )
- Bring a large amount of water to the boil and add the salt.
- Add the pasta and boil for the time recommended on the packet (10-12 minutes). For 12-minute pasta, trickle the potatoes in after five minutes and the cabbage after 10.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the pure olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the garlic (crushed) and chopped leaves from 1 sprig of rosemary, stirring, until the garlic just begins to change colour.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it thoroughly and add to the pan with most of the grated cheese and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Toss thoroughly, season to taste then transfer to warmed serving bowls.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and oil and scatter parsley on top.