Beetroot & Orange Chutney
Use gloves while preparing the beetroot.
- Peel beetroot and dice. (If you want a finer chutney then the beetroot can be grated using a food processor blade.)
- Place in a large stainless steel saucepan.Dice onions and grate pears. Add to beetroot.
- Finely grate orange rind and add together with the juice.
- Tie star anise and cinnamon stick in muslin. Add to pan with remaining ingredients.
- Boil for about 1 & 1/2 hours until chutney has thickened. Remove muslin with the spice.
- Pour into hot sterilised jars and seal.
- Makes about 8 cups.