Gluten-free chocolate beetroot cake
|300 g||Beetroot, cooked or 420g can beetroot, drained|
|½ tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|¾ cup||Canola oil|
|1¼ cups||Ground cornmeal flour|
|¼ cup||Cocoa powder|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 20cm cake pan with baking paper.
- Puree the drained beetroot, until smooth. Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Add sugar and beat well. Slowly beat in oil, until thick.
- Add vanilla essence. Stir in sifted salt, flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- Fold in beetroot. Pour into the prepared cake pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- To prepare chocolate icing, beat cream cheese, until smooth. Mix in chocolate. Sift in icing sugar and mix well. Spread over cake.