Salmon with roasted fennel and tomato shallot vinaigrette
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Place fennel on oven tray or dish, drizzle with olive oil, season and roast for 20 minutes, turning once.
- Repeat the process with the salmon, you can use the same tray, depending on size. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Score the ends of the tomatoes and submerge in boiling water.
- Remove after 5 minutes, cool, peel and finely dice, discarding the seeds.
- Heat olive oil, shallots, lemon juice, sugar and gently stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Season and add tomatoes. Turn off heat and spoon over plated salmon.