Lightly spiced lamb shoulder chops
|4||Lamb shoulder chops|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 Tbsp||Sunflower oil, or other mild oil|
|1||Onion, medium, finely sliced|
|2||Garlic cloves, finely sliced|
|4 cm||Fresh ginger, finly sliced|
|1 pinch||Ground cumin|
|1 pinch||Chilli powder|
|1 tsp||Garam masala|
|3||Tomatoes, chopped, fresh or canned|
|1 tsp||Brown sugar|
|2||Spring onions, finely sliced|
- Trim the excess fat off the chops and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan and add the onion. Fry until golden.
- Add the garlic, ginger and spices and fry gently for a few minutes.
- Place the chops in the spice mixture and continue to fry over a moderate heat, turning so that both sides are coated in the frying mixture.
- Add the tomatoes (fresh or canned), brown sugar and water, cover the saucepan and simmer very gently for about an hour until the chops are very tender.
- Or place in a covered casserole dish in a preheated 140C oven.
- Sprinkle with sliced spring onions before serving.