Upside-down pear & walnut pudding
Comfort food is all about nostalgic indulgences shared with family and friends.
|50 g||Butter, melted|
|½ cup||Walnuts, coarsely chopped|
|½ cup||Brown sugar|
|2||Pears, quartered, cored, peeled and sliced|
- Preheat the oven to 180degC. Line the base of a non-stick 20cm (6 1/2 cup) ring pan with baking paper.
- To make the topping, place the pears neatly on the base. Scatter the walnuts over. Heat the butter and brown sugar slightly and drizzle over the top.
- To make the pudding, cream the butter and brown sugar with a wooden spoon. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Sift the cinnamon, flour and salt together.
- Stir half into the butter mixture, add the milk, then stir in the remainder. Spoon the batter over the pears and walnuts.
- Bake for about 30 minute or until cooked. Leave in the pan for 2 minutes then place a serving plate on top and upturn the cake onto it.
- Great served hot with whipped cream.