Duck breast salad with nectarines and roquefort
This is the perfect dish to share, and makes the most of summer's nectarines.
|1 tsp||Chinese five spice|
|1 to taste||Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|2 Tbsp||Runny honey|
|4||Nectarines, stones removed, quartered|
|1 bag||Salad greens|
|1 cup||Fresh herbs, left whole|
|100 g||Roquefort, crumbled|
- Score the duck breast with a sharp knife. Rub in the cloves, five-spice, salt and pepper. Let them sit for 30 minutes at room temperature. Preheat oven to 180C.
- Heat an ovenproof frying pan to a medium heat. Place the duck breasts skin-down in the pan for 2-3 minutes or until brown and golden, turn and brown the other side.
- Drizzle with the honey and place straight into the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Remove and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the nectarines, spring onions, salad greens, herbs and Roquefort. Toss the dressing through.
- On a platter, place the salad. Slice the duck breasts on an angle thinly and arrange on the salad.
- Mix 3 Tbsp olive oil, 1tsp Dijon mustard, 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar.