Corn with Mexican butter
Photo by Tamara West
Leave the husks on when cooking to retain all the flavour and goodness within the corn itself.
|1||Lime, or lemon, zested|
|1 tsp||Smoked paprika|
|¼ tsp||Chilli powder|
|½ tsp||Freshly ground black pepper|
|2 Tbsp||Creme fraiche|
- Combine in a bowl the butter, lime or lemon zest, paprika, cumin, coriander, turmeric, chilli powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the creme fraiche and feta cheese. Mix well and chill.
- Fill a large pot with cold water, sugar, and the bay leaf. Bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, add corn with the husks on (remove a few of the darker outer leaves). Once the water is boiling again, turn it off.
- Remove corn, peel husks and remove the silk. Rub generously with the butter and serve immediately with lime wedges.