Chicken Casserole with Apricot & Banana
Photo by iStock
|1 Tbsp||Rice bran oil|
|500 g||Chicken breasts, skinned and boned|
|1||Onion, large, chopped|
|½ tsp||Curry powder|
|½ tsp||Dried oregano|
|1 to taste||Freshly ground black pepper|
|1 can||Apricot halves, (410g), drained and chopped|
|1||Banana, firm, sliced|
|1 tsp||Kecap manis|
|3 Tbsp||Coriander, or parsley, chopped to garnish|
- Place the oil in a wide casserole. Add the onion. Cover and microwave for 3 minutes. Stir in the curry powder, oregano and black pepper.
- Cut the chicken into 2cm cubes and place evenly over the base. Microwave, uncovered, on half (50 per cent) power for 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and apricots. Cover and cook on half (50 per cent) power for about 5 minutes, until just tender when pierced with the point of a sharp knife. Stir halfway through cooking.
- Stir in the banana and kecap manis, cover and microwave on half (50 per cent) power for 1 minute.
- Stand for 2-3 minutes before serving garnished with coriander or parsley. Great served on rice.