Chocolate & Walnut Muffins
Photo by iStock
Muffins continue to be New Zealand's top mid-morning treat. And they're easy to prepare. The dry ingredients are mixed in one bowl, the liquid in another, then the two are combined until the dry ingredients are just moistened. Baking takes about 15 minutes. So in 30 minutes you can whip up and bake a simple super treat.
- Preheat the oven to 200degC. Lightly oil a 12-hole muffin pan or line with paper cases.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and cocoa powder into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and chocolate chips.
- Whisk the butter, yoghurt, milk, vanilla and egg together. Pour the liquid ingredients into the flour combo and mix, until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin holes. Sprinkle with the walnuts.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Stand for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool