Muffins with Kaffir Lime, Chilli, Courgette & Goat's Cheese
Muffins continue to be New Zealand's top mid-morning treat. And they're easy to prepare. The dry ingredients are mixed in one bowl, the liquid in another, then the two are combined until the dry ingredients are just moistened. Baking takes about 15 minutes. So in 30 minutes you can whip up and bake a simple super treat.
- Preheat the oven to 200degC. Lightly oil 30 mini muffin holes or line with paper cases if preferred.
- Discard the centre vein of the kaffir lime leaf. Finely dice the remainder.
- Combine with the chilli, shallots, courgettes and cheese. Sift in the flour, salt and pepper.
- Whisk the oil together with the eggs. Stir into the courgette mixture, until just moistened. Fill the muffin holes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked and lightly golden.
- Excellent served with drinks or soup