Mussels in Tomato Sauce
( SERVES 2 )
Photo by iStock
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep saucepan. Add the onion, garlic and pepper and cook on low heat until the onion is just tender.
- Add the mussels. Cover and cook over medium heat until they open. Shake the pan occasionally.
- Discard any mussels that don't open. Add the wine and the tomatoes. Simmer over medium heat for three minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water until just tender. Drain and place in shallow bowls. Using a slotted spoon, place the mussels on top.
- Boil the sauce rapidly until slightly reduced. Add the basil leaves and pour over the mussels.