Soba chicken noodle soup with fried shallots
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat oven 200C, season and roast chicken 25 minutes, set aside and slice when cool.
- Cook soba in plenty of boiling water for 4 minutes, rinse, toss with sesame oil and set aside.
- Heat peanut oil and fry shallots until crisp, remove from oil. Heat stock with lime and ginger until simmering.
- Arrange small bowls of sesame, peanuts, coriander and chilli. Ladle simmering stock into large bowls, then add noodles and chicken.
- People can help themselves from the small bowls and add fish sauce to season.