Wasabi Salmon with Lemon Sauce
( SERVES 2 )
Panko breadcrumbs are available at most supermarkets or toasted fresh breadcrumbs can be used.
|¼ tsp||Wasabi paste|
|3 Tbsp||Olive oil, light|
|3 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|2 Tbsp||Water, hot|
- To prepare sauce, use the flat surface of a knife blade and crush garlic and salt to a paste on a chopping board.
- Combine with the wasabi, olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl then whisk in the hot water until it emulsifies.
- To prepare salmon, combine egg and the wasabi. Dip the salmon into the egg mixture then into the breadcrumbs.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow coating to set.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan then saute the salmon for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden and cooked.
- To serve, drizzle a little sauce on the plate beside the fish.