Feta and bacon quiche
( SERVES 6 )
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Place a baking tray in the oven to heat. This will help the base of the pastry to cook.
- Brush the filo sheets lightly with the oil. Line a deep, 23cm flan dish with the filo placing each sheet on a slightly different angle so the flan is evenly covered.
- Grill or microwave the bacon, until crisp then crumble. Sprinkle the feta, bacon and basil over the base of the flan.
- Whisk the soup, milk and eggs until well mixed. Season with pepper to taste. Carefully pour into the shell. Place on the hot oven tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes then reduce the temperature to 180C. Continue baking for 30-40 minutes, until just set and golden.