Super tasty barbecue prawns
If you want to make a tasty healthy salad with these prawns, they can be removed from their skewers after cooking and then and tossed with mango, avocado and cherry tomatoes, with a dressing of natural yoghurt mixed with the heated marinade. Serve with jacket potatoes or garlic bread. If using smaller prawns, double the quantity to four dozen.
More great recipes for the barbecue can be found in our BBQ recipes collection.
|24||Prawns, large raw, peeled but leave tails on|
|8||Bamboo skewers, soaked in water|
|½ cup||Plain unsweetened yoghurt|
|1 handful||Coriander, chopped, to serve|
- Mix all marinade ingredients together.
- Combine the prawns with marinade and leave in fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat barbecue to medium high heat. Lift prawns out of marinade (reserving any leftover marinade) and thread 3 prawns (or 6 smaller prawns) on to each bamboo skewer.
- Season prawns with a little salt and cook on barbecue for 2 minutes, turning once.
- Heat remaining marinade in a small pot on the stove top, or in the microwave, then mix with yoghurt and coriander.
- Serve prawn skewers with yoghurt sauce to dip. Alternatively remove prawns from skewers and toss with mango, avocado, cherry tomatoes and the yoghurt sauce.