Roast chicken legs, peppers, corn and basil
A super summery dish making good use of the peppers and corn that are good buying right now.
- Using a sharp cleaver, chop off the "ankles'’ of the chicken legs, if you like. Place chicken in your largest roasting pan and rub well with olive oil, salt and garlic.
- Add peppers to pan and rub these with olive oil too. Tuck a few large basil leaves under the peppers. Add stock or wine to pan.
- Roast chicken and peppers at 200C for 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear when you stick a sharp knife into the meat where thigh meets drumstick. Remove from oven.
- Heat a heavy frying pan to very hot. Add a dash of olive oil and the butter, then quickly add the corn kernels and chilli flakes. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until corn is soft and golden. Season with salt. Add remaining basil and stir through corn.
- Spoon some corn on to each plate, then add chicken, peppers and some pan juices too.