Deep-fried zucchini flowers with four cheeses
|150 g||Ricotta cheese|
|50 g||Blue cheese, crumbled|
|40 g||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|½ cup||Basil, roughly chopped|
|2 Ltr||Sunflower oil, or canola oil|
|2 cups||Salad greens|
|1||Lemon, quartered, seeds removed|
Chickpea flour batter
- For the batter, place all dry ingredients into a large bowl. Add soda water and whisk to a smooth batter.
- Mix cheeses and basil together in a bowl until well combined. Place a generous spoonful of cheese mixture into each zucchini flower and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based pot on a medium to high heat until oil reaches 170C. (Use a heat-proof thermometer to test the temperature.)
- Dip stuffed zucchini flowers into batter until fully coated then carefully place into oil and fry for 2 minutes on each side until crisp and golden.
- Remove from pot with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper.
- Season and serve immediately with salad greens and lemon.