Chicken burger with roast peppers, garlic and capers
Burgers should be so fragile as to practically fall apart as they cook. If you need help to bind them, use breadcrumbs rather than flour.
|400 g||Free-range chicken mince|
|1 Tbsp||Olive tapenade, (black olive)|
|1 to taste||Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|1||Vegetable oil, for frying|
- Chop the garlic and mix with the minced chicken.
- Thinly slice the white end of the spring onion and a couple of centimetres of the green, and add to the chicken with the lemon zest and tapenade.
- Chop the leaves of the tarragon and parsley and stir into the chicken along with the breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper, then form thick burgers.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over a high heat and brown the burgers on both sides.
- Check they are cooked right through before removing them from the frying pan. Serve with a grilled burger bun and salad leaves.
- Heat the grill. Halve the peppers and remove the seeds. Brush the skin of the pepper with a little oil and grill until the skin turns black.
- Wrap the peppers in old newspaper until cool enough to handle.
- Wipe the blackened skin from the peppers using a damp cloth. Slice the peppers into thick pieces and put into a mixing bowl. Finely chop the garlic and add to the peppers.
- Mix in the capers, chop the chervil and basil leaves and add to the bowl with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season and serve with the burgers.