Chicken burger with roast peppers, garlic and capers
( SERVES 2 )
Burgers should be so fragile as to practically fall apart as they cook. If you need help to bind them, use breadcrumbs rather than flour.
|400 g||Free-range chicken mince|
|1 Tbsp||Olive tapenade, (black olive)|
|1 to taste||Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|1||Vegetable oil, for frying|
- Chop the garlic and mix with the minced chicken.
- Thinly slice the white end of the spring onion and a couple of centimetres of the green, and add to the chicken with the lemon zest and tapenade.
- Chop the leaves of the tarragon and parsley and stir into the chicken along with the breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper, then form thick burgers.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over a high heat and brown the burgers on both sides.
- Check they are cooked right through before removing them from the frying pan. Serve with a grilled burger bun and salad leaves.
- Heat the grill. Halve the peppers and remove the seeds. Brush the skin of the pepper with a little oil and grill until the skin turns black.
- Wrap the peppers in old newspaper until cool enough to handle.
- Wipe the blackened skin from the peppers using a damp cloth. Slice the peppers into thick pieces and put into a mixing bowl. Finely chop the garlic and add to the peppers.
- Mix in the capers, chop the chervil and basil leaves and add to the bowl with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season and serve with the burgers.