Pearl barley, feta, sorrel and mint salad
- Rinse the barley and place in a saucepan with the 4 cups of water. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes.
- When the barley is tender and slightly chewy, drain in a colander, then spread out on a wide dish to cool.
- Make the dressing using the oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Finely slice the sorrel and mint leaves, add to the barley and toss through the dressing until evenly combined. Check the seasoning.
- Add the feta and gently toss. If the barley soaks up all the dressing, add a little more olive oil. Serve at room temperature.