Raw tomato pasta sauce
- Combine the tomatoes and oil in a bowl.
- Finely chop the almonds (do not be tempted to use ground almonds). Finely chop the garlic and add to the tomatoes.
- Chop the basil, bruising it more than shredding it, then stir it into the tomatoes with the sugar.
- Seed and finely chop the chilli, then gently toss all the ingredients together, seasoning generously with salt and pepper.
- Do not refrigerate the sauce. As soon as the pasta is cooked and drained, dress it with the sauce and serve.