Snail and almond butter
( SERVES 6 )
This butter is lovely served with grilled steak and lightly cooked green vegetables.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a frying pan, then add the garlic, shallots and snails.
- Cook them over a low heat until the shallots are softened but not coloured - about 5 minutes.
- Place in a food processor with the remaining ingredients, then purée until smooth.
- Stop the machine occasionally and scrape down the sides.
- Tip the butter onto a piece of plastic wrap, roll it into a cylinder shape, then store in the freezer.
- Cut pieces off the roll as you need them.