Scallop and radish salad with taragon mayonnaise
( SERVES 4 )
|1||Salt, to season|
|2 Tbsp||Unsalted butter|
|1 handful||Flat leaf (Italian) parsley|
|1 splash||Olive oil|
|1 splash||Red wine vinegar|
- Pierce the scallops. Warm the butter in a frying pan, then quickly fry the scallops for 2-3 minutes until they plump up. Season with salt and lemon juice.
- To make the salad, first wash the radishes, then cut into quarters. The leaves are okay to toss through the salad, so choose the best ones.
- Tip the radishes and leaves into a large bowl. Trim the spring onions and chop them into thin rings.
- Tear the parsley leaves into large pieces and toss everything together with the capers.
- Drizzle with a little oil and vinegar - you won't need much because of the tarragon mayonnaise - then season with a little salt.
- For the mayonnaise, place the egg yolks in the bowl of a food processor with the mustard and a pinch of salt.
- With the motor running slowly, pour in the oils, starting with just a few drops. You should end up with a thick mayonnaise.
- Blend in the tarragon leaves, stir in the lemon juice, then check the seasoning.
- I use the Florentine "Harry's Bar" technique of thinning down the mayonnaise with a little chicken stock if it is too thick.
- Divide the salad between 4 plates, add the scallops and drizzle with the dressing.