Roasted Scallops with Pureed potatoes and Lemon Butter
( SERVES 4 )
- Pierce the scallops. Warm the butter in a frying pan, then add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, ensuring it doesn't colour.
- Add the scallops and fry quickly for 2-3 minutes until they plump up, then season with salt, lemon zest and juice.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into quarters. Cook them in boiling salted water until fork-tender, then drain.
- Mash the potatoes in the saucepan over a low heat. Heat the milk and butter in a microwave until the butter has melted, then stir into the potatoes using a wooden spoon.
- Mix until smooth, season with salt, then divide the purée between 4 serving bowls and top with the scallops.
- Spoon the lemon butter over the top.