Squid with fettuccine, garlic and chilli
( SERVES 4 )
For such a few ingredients, the flavours in this dish are outstanding. Don't burn the garlic or it will make the dish taste bitter.
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions until it is just done.
- Meanwhile, dry the squid and cut into ½ cm thick slices. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan, then add the garlic and the chillies.
- Cook for a minute or so over a medium heat until fragrant and the garlic is a nicely toasted golden brown colour.
- Turn up the heat and add the squid to the pan and leave to cook without stirring for 1-2 minutes, then stir the contents of the pan around.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the squid and season with the salt and pepper. Add the parsley.
- Drain the pasta and immediately tip it into the frying pan, adding the olive oil. Toss to combine and serve at once.