Sautéed Squid and Chorizo Salad with Garlic, Rocket, Tomatoes and Chickpeas
|1 can||Chickpeas, 100g, drained and rinsed|
|8||Cherry tomatoes, quartered|
|300 g||Squid tubes|
|6 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Red chilli, medium-hot, seeded and thinly sliced|
|1½ Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|2 cloves||Garlic, chopped|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|1 handful||Flat leaf (Italian) parsley, chopped|
|50 g||Chorizo sausages, cut into thin slices|
- Cut the squid pouch open along one side and, using the tip of a small sharp knife, score a fine diamond pattern on the inner side.
- Then cut each pouch lengthways in half, then across into 7.5cm pieces.
- Stir the tomatoes into the chickpeas with the lemon juice, 4 tablespoons of the olive oil, the chilli, garlic, parsley and some salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in a large frying pan over a high heat.
- Add half the squid pieces, with the scores facing upwards, and sear for 30 seconds, then turn them over and sear for another 30 seconds until golden brown and caramelised.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from the pan. Repeat with the remaining oil and the rest of the squid.
- Return all the squid to the pan with the chorizo and toss together over a high heat for 1 minute.
- Briefly toss the rocket leaves through the chickpea salad and spoon onto a large serving platter.
- Top with the sautéed squid and chorizo and serve.