Mashed potato salad
- Peel the potatoes, cut into large chunks and boil in salted water until tender right through when poked with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes and push through a potato ricer back into the still-warm saucepan, or return the pieces of potato to the saucepan and mash thoroughly using a potato masher.
- While the potatoes are still very warm, use a wooden spoon to beat in the butter, cream, olive oil, lemon zest and juice and salt to taste.
- The mixture should be soft and creamy. Pile into a wide bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Just before serving, sprinkle a little black pepper and grated lemon zest over the potato and trickle a little olive oil over the top.
- If you want to make the potato salad well ahead of time, leave it to cool to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time.