Chicken paillard, preserved lemon couscous, asparagus, and mushroom butter
|100 g||Unsalted butter|
|4||Portobello mushrooms, peeled|
|1||Red chilli, small, seeded and chopped|
|160 g||Unsalted butter|
|1 to taste||Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|375 g||Chicken stock|
|3 Tbsp||Lemons, diced|
|4||Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless|
|16||Asparagus spears, peeled|
- Melt the first measure of butter in a large frying pan, then add the mushrooms and chilli.
- Cook until the mushrooms are tender - about 6 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow to cool completely.
- Put the mushrooms and chilli into a food processor. Add the second measure of butter, a squeeze of lemon juice and a little salt and pepper.
- Pulse a few times until the butter is smooth.
- Put the couscous into a heatproof bowl. Return the mushroom pan to the heat and add the shallots and garlic.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then add the stock and bring to the boil. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the mixture over the couscous.
- Stir, then set aside to keep warm. Once the couscous has fluffed up, stir in the preserved lemon, seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Slice the chicken breasts into thirds, then flatten out between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. (I use a rolling pin to do this.)
- Heat a frying pan and rub a little oil onto the chicken breasts before placing them in the pan.
- Cook the breasts for about 4-6 minutes on each side. Bring a pot of water to a rapid boil, then cook the asparagus for 3 minutes until just tender.
- Drain. Reheat the couscous in a microwave and divide between each of 4 plates.
- Place pieces of chicken on the couscous, then top with the asparagus.
- Top with a spoonful of the mushroom butter.