Pear and almond frangipane tart
|120 g||Unsalted butter|
|200 g||Ground almonds|
|1 tsp||Orange blossom water, (optional)|
|1||Shortcrust pastry, (23cm baked tart shell)|
|1 to dust||Icing sugar|
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy,preferably in a mixer rather than a food processor, as you want to get in as much air as possible.
- Add the almonds, orange blossom water and eggs and mix well. Pour the batter into the cooked pastry shell.
- Arrange the pear slices attractively in circles, each slice overlapping the next, and push them gently into the almond batter.
- Cook the tart at 180C for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve warm with ice-cream or softly whipped cream.
- For the pears: In a saucepan, bring the sugar, water and vanilla bean to a gentle boil.
- Add the pears and reduce the heat to low. Cover with a piece of greaseproof paper and cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the pears from the syrup, drain and chill.
- Carefully slice the quarters thinly lengthwise.